How to Select the Best Option from the Top 10 Car Shampoospaint
Any car will start looking a bit dull and lustreless after the daily fight with dirt and dust from the road. Just like your own body, the car too needs a wash to remove the grime and start looking prim and proper again.
The soaps and shampoos you use in your bathroom or the ones you use for dishwashing or any other detergents are not the right choice for using on your beloved car. Car shampoos are designed specifically to make sure that the wax and shine of your car is unaffected while the dirt is easily washed off.
Generally speaking, there are so many decent options available in the market that one would be hard pressed to compile a list of the top 10 car shampoos. However, the following is a cumulative list of things one should keep in mind before purchasing a car shampoo:
- Amount of foam: Foam is the part of the soap that will lift and trap the dirt before being washed off the car making it clean again. The more foam, the more cleaning can be generally expect from a car shampoo.
- Lubrication: How slippery does the soap feel in your hand? The more slippery the better in this case. This will ensure that it does not scratch the surface of your car while removing the dirt.
- pH balance: You need a shampoo that does not leave behind an acidic residue. They are created with a strong base combined with a generally weak acid. Best to test the shampoo first. If buying online, reviews from previous customers will give you a fair idea. This will also ensure that the shampoo is safe for your hands and your car.
- Biodegradable: Although the law requires all car shampoos nowadays to be environmentally safe but it helps if you check that your choice of car shampoo is truly biodegradable once it goes down the drain.
Car shampoos also come in different categories and uses and it is best to choose the car shampoo that suits your purpose:
- General use car shampoo is the best option for the weekly wash as it is mild enough to not strip off the wax and sealant applications while making sure that the general dirt and grease is gone after the wash.
- Strip shampoo will take away all of the dirt along with the applied wax polish from last week. This shampoo is best when you want to either touch up your car paint or maybe apply a new coat of wax. This shampoo ensures that you have a clean slate to restart your paint or waxing.
- Waxing shampoo is for when one is feeling lazy and wants to simply top up the wax protection without going full force into the process of cleaning and waxing the car. It is a convenient way to add all the steps of washing and waxing in one step.
So we have described all the factors that you need to bear in mind while deciding what is best for your car. We hope you find them useful. Remember that the best shampoos are not necessarily the most expensive ones but the ones that meet the criteria listed in this blog.
Having said that it is safe to assume that Com-Paint’s specially formulated car shampoo meets all the criteria mentioned above and would easily find the top spot on any top 10 car shampoos list.