Car scratches are inevitable! Regardless of how well you take care of your beloved vehicle, scratches do manage to form on its beautiful body. These may occur during car washing, rubbing against a metal object, or dashing against a rough surface. But, if you have got a clear coat car scratch, then we have some good news. Save thousands by fixing a clear coat scratch yourself using a good-quality scratch remover. Here is a complete guide.
Every car has a primer coat first, then a color coat, and then finally a clear coat of paint. There are two ways to remove common clear coat scratches. The first method is easier and requires a scratch remover and a microfiber towel, while the other is a bit more complicated. We will explain both methods.
Identify the Scratch
The first step is to identify what kind of scratch your car has got. If you have got a light scratch in the clear coat of your car, then it is quite easy to fix. If your car has got a deeper scratch in the clear coat of your car, then it is a little tough to fix it yourself, but it can be done nevertheless.
To identify the scratch, you need to:
● Run your fingers over the scratch. If you cannot feel it, then it is a light scratch that can be easily fixed.
● If you can feel the scratch and it looks quite deep, then it is a deep clear coat scratch that needs a more complicated method.
● Also, if your fingernail catches easily on the scratch, then it is a deep colour coat scratch that will need scratch paint for a touch-up.
How to Fix a Light Car Scratch?
A light clear coat car scratch can be removed with the help of a microfiber towel and a product called Com-Cut. You can buy Com-Cut – for any colored car online from Com-Paint.
All their products are easy to use and take only a minute or two to repair the damage.
- To use this product, you need to first ensure that the surface is clean and dry.
- Next, apply a small amount of this scratch remover on your microfiber towel and polish the scratch.
- You can apply little pressure while polishing the scratch from all the angles.
- After you are done, wipe off the excess using a clean, dry microfiber towel.
- You will find the scratch has improved. You can repeat the process if required.
How to Fix a Deep Car Coat Scratch?
A deep car coat scratch is also on the clear coat surface. You may be able to fix your fingernail with difficulty inside this scratch. Com-Paint provides you the best solutions to fix deep car coat scratches. You can use Com-Merge which is a Clear Coat spray and merger to cover up clear coat scratches.
- Ensure that the surface is clean and dry.
- Sand the scratch using sandpaper (2000 Grit). You should use water as a lubricant. Continue sanding until you find the scratch disappearing.
- Next, Spray Com-Merge on the surface from a distance 10 -12 inches.
- Now, after 6 hrs or so, you need to apply the Com-Cut to smoothen the surface and remove sticky dust. Continue until you get the desired shine.
- A car or bike scratch remover polish like Com-Cut restores the lost sheen.
- Lastly, apply a layer of wax for extra protection and sheen.
This is how you can remove both types of common clear coat car scratches and restore your car’s look just like new. If you are looking for some good quality products, you can consider buying spray paints from Com-Paint. It is one of the leading spray paint manufacturers in India.
3 thoughts on “How To Remove Common Clear Coat Car Scratches?”
I need a red colour deep scratch remover spray paint for my Baleno.
Thanks for contacting us.
Please let us know the shade written on your RC.
Is it possible to use 2K PU clear coat over Com Paint touch up spray? Will there be any adverse reactions?